About Anthony Quinn – Anthony Quinn his original name is Manuel Antonia Rodolfo Quinn Oaxaca born April 21, 1915 and Died June 3, 2001. He act as many critically acclaimed films in hollywood and abroad. Some of the notable films of Anthony Quinn are below
- La Strada
- The Guns of Navarone
- Guns for San Sebastian
- Lawrence of Arabia
- The Shoes of the Fisherman
- The Message
- Lion of the Desert
- Jungle Fever
- Seven Servants
About Anthony Quinn
- Born – Manuel Antonio Rodolfo Quinn Oaxaca (Anthony Quinn), 21 April 1915
- Birthplace – Chihuahua, Mexico
- Died – 3 June 2001 (aged 86)
- Death Place – Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Years Active From – 1936 -2001
- Occupations – Actor, Film Director, Painter, Writer, Sculptor
- Spouse (s) – Katherine DeMille (Married 1937 – Divorce 1965)
- Jolanda Addolori (Married 1966 – Divorce 1997)
- Katherine Benvin (Married 1997)
- Children – 12
- Zodiac Sign – Aries
Early Life of Anthony Quinn
Anthony Quinn born on April 21, 1912 in Chihuahua Mexico during the time of Mexican Revolution. He was born to an Irish Father and Mexican Mother. When he was six years old, joined the Catholic church and became a priest. First Quinn grew up in Texas and later in East Los Angeles, California.
Personal Life – About Anthony Quinn
Anthony Quinn’s first wife was an actress Katherine DeMille (who is an adopted daughter of Cecil B. DeMille). This couple had five children.
1. Christopher (1938 – 1941)
2. Christina (Born December 1, 1941)
3. Catalina (Born November 21, 1942)
4. Duncan (Born August 4, 1945)
5. Valentina (Born December 26, 1952)
The first child named Christopher at the age of two drowned in the near neighbor pond area W.C. Fields.
In 1965, Quinn divorced DeMille because of Italian costume designer Jolanda Addolori. This couple was married in 1966. They had 3 children
1. Francesco Quinn (March 22, 1963 – August 5, 2011)
2. Danny Quinn (Born April 16, 1964)
3. Lorenzo Quinn (Born May 7, 1966)
About Anthony Quinn
During His marriage to Addolori, Quinn also had 2 children with Friedel Dunbar (Event Producer in Los Angeles)
1. Sean Quinn (Born February 7, 1973)
2. Alexander Anthony Quinn (Born December 30, 1976)
In the 1990s Quinn had 2 children with his personal secretary Katherine Benvin.
1. Daughter Antonia Patricia Rose Quinn (Born July 23, 1993)
2. Son Ryan Nicholas Quinn (Born July 1996)
The second marriage of Quinn finally ended in divorce in August 1997. He married Benvin in December 1997.
Death of Anthony Quinn
Anthony Quinn spent his last time in Bristol, Rhode Island. He died of the problem of respiratory failure (Due to radiation treatment for lung cancer). He died on the date of June 3, 2001, Boston at the age of 86. Quinn’s funeral was held in Rhode Island. After getting permission from the authorities, he was buried in his favorite spot in his backyard near an old maple tree. He was laid down and rested with peace.
Thanks for Reading “About Anthony Quinn”.
Leave a Reply